Watchmon Core lost all settings and cannot reload them

Hi,

I have a Watchmon Core with 3 x Cellmon K9 , Expansion 3 and 500A shunt on 48 x EVE LifePO4 batteries.

This evening i was checking my Victron VRM portal to find a no BMS error. Upon inspection the Watchmon Core had only the flashing red LED and a small red LED near the CMU connection. I power cycled the WMC and still no joy. After opening the toolkit it is asking me to set it up again as if it was from factory. I first tried reboot system and no settings came back, the date and time were in 1970. I have made a note of my settings and set about configuring the WMC, upon clicking save the toolkit says “Not Authorised to be in Setup Mode” I’ve not changed the pin and are using the code from the sticker under the WMC.

I also tried running the firmware installer but that just said the firmware was up to date.

I’m not sure the unit is faulty ? What can i try next please ?

Best regards

Simon.

After further investigation on the Batrium website i found this https://wiki.batrium.com/troubleshooting/pincode and tried the factory code of 631820, that worked. I was able to re-enter all of my settings which luckily i had saved as images of each page and we were sort of back up and running again.

However, after a reboot, all of the settings were lost again, i’d had changed the admin/authkey and even that was back to factory 631820.

So i’ll leave it running as is for now and wait to see what Batrium support say. I suspect the CPU on the WMC is partially fried, but is seems to monitor voltages and temperatures fine.

Sorry to hear about that. How long has it been in operation?

602 days without any problems.

That’s not good. @James help us out here.

Hi Simat,

I can see you also emailed us, I’ve responded there.

For everyone else, this is likely a power dropout that corrupted the flash, we have a process to recover from that, just shoot us an email and we’ll run through it with you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for the fix James, anyone else with this issue you’ll have to contact support as you need an authorisation key to complete the process.

Unit has been rebooted and power cycled and all settings are intact.

2 Likes

Good to know your issue was resolved. It gives us hope.

1 Like