Random cell voltage drops

We would like to let you know that our team is still doing some tests and is still working through this issue affecting when cells are in bypass. A firmware release will be released as soon as ready.

Thank you for your patience.

Just to clarify things.
Version .42 has the same celldrops as all versions before. Yesterday I got 3 of them.
Always the first cell in the pack.
And the drops appears randomly, not only when in bypass!!!

2 Likes

Habe genau das selbe problem,syst.momentan 1 mal k9 u 16 s eve zellen.
Prob. Tritt ca.alle 7 tage auf,habe k9 schonmal getauscht.

Fehler an zellen schliesse ich aus.

2 Likes

I serviced my system yesterday and measured the essential scopes. Furthermore, I made the settings in the Victron system according to the Batrium recommendation. In addition, firmware updates are carried out. Unfortunately, none of this brought any improvement. 6 hours later I had another event.

@Renzee: when can we expect a software update.

May I kindly ask, whether you have any estimation of a promising fix?

Cheers,
luphi

Latest firmware .43 still shows cell drop issues every couple of days.
No matter if system is under load (charging/discharging with high amperage) or system is almost idle (over night discharge of max 0.5kW) voltage drops appear randomly every other day and always last about 1 min to 1:30 min.

What really annoys me is that the Batrium is unable to report which cell had the voltage drop.

Completely unrelated to this voltage drop issues, I think it is a big lack for a battery management system to be unable to report/plot voltage charts for each cell for the last x min/hours.
While your engineers try to find the root cause for the voltage drops, get one of the devs to enhance your software for reporting which cell hat the drop, at least!

Cheers,
Sebastian

Hi,
Do you have an estimated date?

I also have the problem with the voltage drop in my system with a sunny island 6.0. Last time tonight without electricity consumption. I deactivated the low volt cell critical.

New Firmware is actualy in testing. :slightly_smiling_face:

What do you mean by “new firmware”. Which version are you testing?

The new Preview: 2.17.46

Hello everyone!

We have a new preview build, Build 46, that we have been testing for a week that aims to address the voltage dropout issues reported on K9 systems. So far, we have not seen any voltage anomalies.

If you have a WMC-K9 system and would like to test this preview build with us, please send an email request to info@batrium.com and the download link will be sent to you.

Renzee,all,

the new beta seems to be promising.
I updated to it 6 days ago.
No drops since then.

Cheers,
Martin

2 Likes

Thank you for this feedback, Martin.

For anyone else who wishes to update:

Preview Release Build 46 is ready to be adopted. This release aims to address the voltage issues reported on most CellMate-K9 systems.

If you are running a WMC-K9 system, you may upgrade to this preview version to test:

Download setup at WatchMon Toolkit Installer 2.17.46

You may need to copy and paste the following URL into your browser for it to start:
https://link.batrium.com/p43vjh

File created: 29 August 2023

Please define your timezone and update the time sync feature when updating to this release.
Go to Hardware Configuration - Time Sync Settings for the time sync settings instructions.

You might need to restart the device and set the timezone a couple of times to get it accurate, as outlined in this section: Extra Help to Check if Device Time is Working Properly

Upgrades to this preview release are not recommended for other cell monitors (i.e. BlockMons, LongMons, LeafMons) or older hardware (i.e. WM4/WM5/MM8). We will announce as soon as it is ready for adoption.

1 Like

No event for 9 days. :slight_smile:
(2.17.46)

1 Like

now 14 days … :slight_smile:

1 Like

Work perfect since a month now.
Thanks !

1 Like

Does this also fix the random phantom ‘high’ voltage readings that occur at the top of charge?

No random drops here anymore, but since a few days I get some crazy high Amp/Wattage values from the shunt. Therefore SOC is constantly resetting etc. Real Amps should be somewhat negative, as its raining cats and dogs while taking that screenie.

System: WM-Core + Cellmate-K9 16s LFP Cells ~300AH, 3x Victron MP2 5000, 1 MPPT-RS450 + 1 Fronius Symo 7.0.3-M,

15kva on only 300ah of batteries? Decent system thou :slight_smile: