How does the WatchMonCORE/CellMate-K9 work?

Hey guys, I think one fundamental thing I’m not understanding is how the CellMate-K9 controls the battery (I get the robust monitoring part). Does the CellMate-K9/WatchMonCORE have the ability to shut off the current to/from the battery directly? or does it need to rely on relays, etc to start/stop current flow? I don’t see a current rating on those products or terminals sized large enough to support much current flow on any Batrium BMS products, so I’m assuming it’s the latter, but am not entirely sure.

I’m relatively familiar with common port BMSs and am finding it difficult to get a complete picture of Batrium’s control methods, even with the documentation available on your website.

Hi bonnet.ren,

It relies on communication with the inverter and circuit breaker for critical disconnect. The ability to use relay control for charge/discharge exists but for high power, a mechanical device does not make sense.

For large currents, solid-state relays are generally not adopted due to power loss and with the preferred method being to control the inverter.

Hope this helps!

1 Like