Home Assistant Add-on Batrium integration

Hi

If anyone is interested or could find it useful I’ve uploaded a Home Assistant add-on that takes the Batrium UDP stream, publishes key data to MQTT with Home Assistant auto device discovery.

Installation instructions are on the GitHub but it’s basically add a custom repository in the add-on store, install it, very minimal configuration and you will have a home assistant device and entities available.

It’s open source and of course free to use, hope someone finds it useful.

Ric

2 Likes

I see a quite a few of you have downloaded this now, is it working well? Any issues you have encountered? Any changes you feel would be useful or feedback in general?

Ric

1 Like

I was able to integrate it without any problems, and it works very well. Thank you!

What I’ve noticed so far that doesn’t seem right is: Home Assistant shows ‘Pack Voltage: approx. -226.530 mV’, while Watchmon shows 428.8V.

Could you please check if there’s anything that can be done about this?

Hi

Glad you found it useful, you are using a very different setup than me, mine is a nominal 24v pack my guess is it’s an overflow in a calculation of some sorts that would never show on my very low voltage system.

Before I dig further can you give me a bit more information about your system. Which Batrium modules do you have, how many cells in total, are you using the K9 with the watchmon or Longmons.

Finally are there any errors in the log page of the add-on?

Ric

Found it !

It was an INT16 calculation max value 32767 but your pack voltage at 428.8v would have been 42880 thus it overflowed.

I’ve pushed an update should be live now but HA only polls every 24 hrs, if you want to force it go into the addons, add-on store and click the three dots and select check for updates.

Regards

Ric

Thank you very much, it worked. :slight_smile:

My setup:

Watchmon Core

8x CellMate K9s

Shuntmon

128x 340Ah LiFePO₄

That’s great news!

128 x 340Ah LifePO4 - just small system then :wink:

Off grid home?

The plan is a full off-grid setup. However, my inverter (SH10RT-20) isn’t communicating properly with the Batrium WatchMon Core yet (it keeps resetting the charge/discharge limits to 10 or 20A).

Hi.

I was very exited about this, since i have a Node Red node doing all this work at the moment (and yes is big and messy as you can imagine)

I installed the app (as its called now) but it crashes and do not start. I did post the log in github.

Can you please have a look at it.

RasPi 4
Core 2026.8.2
Supervisor 2026.07.5
Operating System 18.2

1 Like

Hiya

Sorry only just seen this, I will take a look on GitHub at the log and see if can understand what’s happening

Ric

Ive just pushed a new version 1.0.4 with the fixes that James who answered you on Github suggested then created a PR for - they are merged into main now (Thank you James) if it happens again you will at least see a sensible error message.

Ric

1 Like