High Voltage BMS

I am exploring updating my DIY Charade battery pack with 105 Ah cells - 45 cells to make 144volt from Hong Kong supplier. They don’t have high voltage BMS. Could you support this and what cost?

Hello there!

Yes, the WatchMonCORE supervisor is capable of high voltage cell monitors, it will need to be powered by an accessory circuit ideally 24v or what you run your control equipment.

If required to power the WatchMonCORE (version 4.5) above 30Vdc (i.e. 48V pack voltage), we recommend that the supervisor supply should always be connected to a DC-DC (ideally 24Vdc) to ensure a robust, long-term, reliable product.

A few recommendations:

• As a general safety precaution: For high voltage systems, we strongly recommend that you have sufficient skills and knowledge to handle them safely.
  • Compatibility for HV inverters is much more difficult and few are available. IngeTeam is the only one we have seen work so far.
  • Other customers are using our system with a ~400V HV battery pack. We recommend using the CellMate-K9 and not BlockMon-M8 cell monitors on the large-capacity LiFePO4 prismatic cells.

Refer to the links below: