Extending Cell Monitor Cables/Wire

I’ve had several cables for the longmons have the connectors go bad and i wanted to find out what the name/model of those connectors are so i can repair the cables myself with new connectors. I’ve searched around, but just can’t find the correct size that fits in the longmons connectors. Thank you!

It is possible to lengthen the wire/extend the cables for the BlockMon/LongMon. We recommend splicing the wires as your best option.

See the image below for reference:
lengthening-wires-connect.png

Make sure you use a dual-twisted-pair cable keeping one twisted pair for communication and the other pair for the “Red/Black”.

The shielded cable should be used, no longer than 4 metres. For a complete guide, go to our Wiki: Cabling for Cell Monitors (BlockMon/LongMon)

A cable with cell monitors is included upon purchase to avoid people having issues attempting to make their own. The pins and crimps are very small and very hard to crimp and make properly without the correct tools. Those that have attempted have had a lot of issues with the pins and crimp and have damaged the socket.

Note: We use an equivalent Tyco connector and hence we can’t guarantee that the connectors you will purchase will match and plugin.