EG4 6000XP Inverter Integration

I have been able to establish communications with the EG4 6000XP Inverter using the the PylonTech LV CanBus protocol. I have tested the following items on the communication checklist published on Batrium’s website, please see below for items for which I am looking for advice from Batrium:

1. Communication established between the BMS and the inverter (Rx/Tx Communication): Confirmed

2. Battery Temperature: The 6000XP does not appear to track this information from the Batrium.

3. Battery SoC% between the BMS and inverter matches: Confirmed.

4. Shunt Readings (Voltage and Current): Confirmed.

5. Target Limited for Charging (Voltage and Current): Confirmed - Target Limited Current function works, however you must “trick” the system by setting a 1/10th offset. Need some advice from Batrium regarding this setting. In order for the target limited charge function to register properly, the value must be 1/10th of the desired limited value. Example: Desired Charge Current In the 6000XP = 140AMPS, the Batrium Setting = 14AMPS; Is there some scale factor setting? Voltage Limited function not tested due to LiFePo4 chemistry’s flat voltage curve. I have not tested charge voltage limiter.

6. Target Limited for Discharging (Voltage and Current): Confirmed - This function works, however the you must “trick” the system by setting a 1/10th offset. Need some advice from Batrium regarding this setting. In order for the limited discharge function to register properly, the value must be 1/10th of the desired limited value. Example: Discharge AMP Limit in Batrium must be set to 10 in order for the 6000XP to register 100AMPS; Is there some scale factor setting? Voltage Limited function not tested due to LiFePo4 chemistry’s flat voltage curve. I have not tested discharge voltage limiter.

7. Alert and Warnings Codes: Alerts and Warnings Appear To Be Reporting. Not all alert and warning scenarios have been tested. Will continue to test this reporting.

8. Observe if the inverter reacts to the BMS charge stop: Confirmed - This works, however, see Item 5 & 6 for not regarding offset setting required.

9. Observe if the inverter reacts to charge limiting: Confirmed - This works, however, see Item 5 & 6 for not regarding offset setting required.

10. Observe if the inverter reacts to discharge stop: Confirmed - This works, however, see Item 5 & 6 for not regarding offset setting required.

11. Observe if the inverter reacts to discharge limiting: Confirmed - This works, however, see Item 5 & 6 for not regarding offset setting required.

12. Observe how the inverter reacts if the CANbus cable is disconnected or the BMS is switched off: 6000 XP throws a Battery Communication Error Code. Charge & Discharge state changes to forbidden and in my setup, the inverter switches to Grid mode is powering itself and loads from the Grid.

13. Check other fields that may be part of the protocol: 6000XP does not appear to request or know voltage on a cell level. It only seems to care about the overall battery voltage.

1 Like

Hi Michael,

Thank you for providing the results of your testing! I’d love to begin documenting your findings in our wiki so future users of your inverter will have an easier time. Could you send through some photos of your system (a focus on the wiring between the inverter and your WatchMon) so I can start on that?

Regarding the multiplier value, unfortunately this is just something you will have to adjust for in our software, and do a bit of maths in your head when setting the charge ramping. You shunt will still report the correct power in and out, and the system shouldn’t go critical if your limits are set right.

Please let me know if you have any questions about the above, and thanks again for helping us document :slight_smile:

James, I am still in the testing phase of all of this. I am working on a build but I do not have it deployed yet. There is more to come and I will share everything once I have it installed. I am hoping this will be by the end of March 2024.

1 Like