Random cell voltage drops

Kindly send a picture of your integration page.

1 Like

Assuming you updated the firmware after updating the toolkit, I do not see a problem.
Is the random voltage drop gone?
Is the inverter telling you what the fault is about?
Can you do a total shutdown of the inverter and restart it?
If the problem persists, you could downgrade to the previous toolkit version. However, I’ll suggest you contact Batrium by email: info@batrium.com.

1 Like

Correct I updated the software to 2:17:46 and then the firmware of the WMC device.
On 2:17:29 The random voltage drop is gone (Yay!).

However on 2:17:46 a warning is shown in the Sunny Island SI8-13 interface and in its log. This cannot be cleared and stays after SI8-13 restart and WMC restart.

I have rolled back to the previous software 2:17:39 gone through all system settings to be the same and the fault is not reported. Under this software I do get the random voltage reporting errors.

The Inverter gives no granulation other than to say a warning is coming from the battery system. See below pic.

When saying downgrade to the previous do you mean 2:17:27?

I will put together an email to Batrium on the supplied email address.

Thanks for your help Doskobaba

The idea is to try previous firmwares and see which works pending a resolution from Batrium.
You could also try the latest preview release 2.17.52 (published as 2.17.51) which I am using and I find it stable after disabling web broadcast.

1 Like

Thanks Doskobaba I will have another go at other versions.

How did you disable web broadcast?

I don’t have Web listed as an item on the Integration tab.

It depends on the toolkit version you are using. I am using 2.17.52. I disabled web broadcast temporarily until Batrium finds a solution to the drop in CAN communication when there is a loss of internet connection.

Hi Rob,

It is hidden before you do your first Web Provisioning (linking your device to an account in our cloud so you can check in on it anywhere) - that may be it.

Cheers,
James

Hi Doskobaba,

We are now working on this for our next release :slight_smile:, keep an eye on our changelog every so often for a mention of your issue.

@James can you advise if there is a way to see what messaging the WMC is sending to the Sunny Island inverter to identify the cause of the sustained Warning message?
This fault is not present when I am running 2:17:29 with all the same system settings. It is present on all newer builds after this build.

I am on 2:17:51. From looking at the change log as you recommended, i haven’t seen mention of any changes related to Sunny Island inverters. I am yet to try 2:17:54.
Are you able to advise of a version you believe is best to use for a Sunny Island inverter that will not give the random cell voltage drop issue or this odd warning battery fault messaging.

I am happy to provide log and extracts from the system anytime. Thankyou.

Hi Rob,

If your issue is the same as Doskobaba’s, It’s actually not the messages the WatchMon is sending, rather what it isn’t sending. Occasionally the WatchMon will have to do some processing for a few seconds, so it won’t send CANBUS messages for a very short time. This is perfectly acceptable as batteries are slow-moving enough to not miss something important, but SMA inverters are very picky, and will throw errors if it doesn’t hear from the BMS for a few seconds.

We are working hard internally to make the large changes required to satisfy SMA inverters, but this will be in our next software release.

If your issue is different, the first step would be to send us a manual extract, beyond that we may have to sniff the CAN communications ourselves.

Thanks James. I am emailing you logs and extracts.

Hey Rob, take the Pylontech Canbus protocol at the batrium and the battery warning in the sunny island will be gone :wink:
I also have the si6.13 and also had the same problem as you.

1 Like

Hey @Wombat i did as you suggested and Pylontech LV Can protocol fixes it. @James can you advise if this is recommended ? Id hate for the Batrium system to not publish or incorrect publish wrong data
and condition state to the SI-8.

My system runs fine with these settings. The pylontech protocoll emulates only a pylontech batterie and the sunny island is compatible to them. But i would prefer the sma protocol too. A member of a german diy platform told me that his older sunny islands 8-11 works fine with the sma protocol from batrium.

2 Likes

Good stuff thanks mate.

A post was split to a new topic: Shunt readings drop to zero